Thursday, December 02, 2010

stuck in the mud

No dialogue on the Australian design and craft scene would be complete, in my eyes, without a mention of Mud Australia ceramics.


Pretty much the only Australian design export I'd come across before coming out here, my attraction to the wider variety of Mud stocked over here even led me to find my employer: Moss Melbourne, who boast an enviable selection of colours and styles.


Handmade in Sydney, Mud ceramics are all gloriously unique and despite their fragile egg-shell like appearance, they are safe for oven, microwave and dishwasher.


The colours range from insipid, naturally inspired tones, reminiscent of a pebble beach to acidic yellow and coral red. A serving dish, vase or carafe stands its ground well as a single piece but a combination of many of the smaller varieties available form an enviably stunning collection.


Mud are also able to boast some inspiredly sympathetic styling. See below for some of my favourite images.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...